ready to produce for human consumption.
Not only is it the best traditional sweetener of any dessert or recipes, honey has plenty of health and beauty benefits too. Modern and historical research indicates that honey can be used as medicine and natural remedy for health and beauty.
Here are some of the proven health and beauty benefits of honey;
- The World Health Organization considered it as demulcent which has the ability to treat mouth irritation. Researchers discovered also the dextromethorphan in it, a substance that can similarly be found in over the counter cough medicines, known to cure cough and sleeping disorder due to upper respiratory tract infections.
- Popularly known as a good cure for serious skin infection and wounds because it naturally contains antibacterial, anti-fungal and antioxidants elements.
- It’s a powerful anti-cancer agent rich in flavonoids, antioxidants and phenolic acids that are positively affecting the progression of cancers or tumors.
- Honey, specifically Manuka can aid stomach disorders, Gastro-Oesophageal Reflux Disease, diarrhea, indigestion and inflammatory bowel disease because of its antibacterial properties and several enzymes.
- Replace your normal face wash with honey and apply it generously on your dry-feeling skin. It helps fight acne plus giving you a luxurious and fresh feel. A mixture of honey and milk can serve as a moisturizer too.
- The antioxidants found in it can prevent wrinkles and slow the effects of skin aging. Just slather raw honey on your face, leave it for a few minutes and rinse with warm water for a smooth and supple feel.
- Skin with dead cells or lacking the glow? There’s hope with honey. Just mix it with sugar and coconut oil and use the mixture to exfoliate your face or full-body and rinse with a warm bath to improve your complexion.
- A DIY honey hair mask can give you a shiny, healthy and strong hair. Just mix it with virgin oil and apply on your hair from roots to tips.
- Honey has been shown to treat scars and stretch marks when mixed with lemon, cinnamon, turmeric or nutmeg because of its skin-lightening properties and enzymes.
Do you know other health and beauty benefits of honey? I’m sure there are plenty of them other than the above list!