Honey is still revered, especially for its healing properties, but not all honey is created equally. We certainly do love honey, and for centuries, it’s been recognized for its healing and health enhancing properties. But today, we are going to introduce to you the secret of Manuka Honey also known as the “Nature’s Miracle”.
Manuka honey is one of the most fantastic honeys you can buy on the market today. This particular honey is not only taste absolutely fantastic but it also has some wonderful antibacterial and contains almost medicinal qualities that make it quite a superior type of food. It has a lovely dark and rich brown color which also makes for a super tasty, rich and complex flavored honey.
What Makes Manuka Honey Unique?
Manuka honey, as a health food was first introduced in New Zealand. It comes from the Manuka plant, which is a type of tea tree that you can only find in New Zealand. While many honeys have a certain level of antibacterial activity, scientists found substances of Manuka honey with a very powerful naturally-occurring and very stable level of activity that is not visible in other honey in the world. This activity is called the Unique Manuka Factor or UMF which is the measure of that special activity occurs in Manuka that won’t find in any other honey.
Benefits Of Manuka Honey
- Manuka is said to have a good level of the non peroxide, a special sort of antibacterial activity, the reason why it is considered by many people and medical professionals for healing purposes.
- Manuka honey is found to have multiple properties that are known as antibacterial, antifungal, anti-inflammatory, anti-viral, full of antioxidants.
- It can be used internally or eternally. You can eat it or apply it eternally to treat minor burns or minor wound it’s going to do wonders for your system or ailments.
- It’s used in cough or cold season.
- It’s the key ingredient to many skin care line which actually helps fight the signs of aging.
- It tastes so good that many people take it straight off the spoon, mix in their smoothies, top it on pancakes or use it to sweeten tea or coffee, indeed a good substitute to sugar.
Manuka honey has kept its reputation as a miracle honey for many years and has been found to be effective against a range of bacteria and other ailments.